The Rotary Club of Frederick did a superb job helping us help them, but adding destination appropriate decorations next to each bucket list trip!
The Rotary Club of Frederick belongs to Rotary International’s District 7620, and is one of four clubs within Frederick County. On August 12, 1920, Downtown Frederick merchant Charles C. Carty invited a group of local businessmen to his furniture store on East Patrick Street to discuss chartering a Rotary club. All eleven men in attendance voted unanimously to become charter members of The Rotary Club of Frederick, and Guy K. Motter was drafted as the Club’s first president. Later that year, on October 28th, the club received their charter from Rotary International, and held its first official meeting at the New City Hotel.The Club’s first service project was to co-author and urge passage of a milk ordinance for Frederick City to assure it was safe and had been inspected by a bacteriologist. Other causes the club undertook during the early years included supporting Frederick Memorial Hospital, the paving of Market and Patrick Streets and combating bootlegging on the South Market Street Bridge.Over the years, the Rotary Club of Frederick has become the largest Rotary Club in its district, creating and overseeing hundreds of service projects at home and abroad. From single-day events to multi-year signature projects, we have shared a legacy of community support that is well-known throughout the region.In 2020, the Rotary Club of Frederick will celebrate its centennial anniversary, commemorating 100 years of service to the Frederick communit!